Thursday, April 2, 2009

Victory Garden


I live in North Carolina and South Carolina and today it is raining in both. We have a little farm in North Carolina and this year we are planting a "Victory Garden". Our plans are to plant green peppers, red peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, peas, green pole beans. My main concern is the rabbits I always see skipping around in the yard. I am going to use a new way of keeping the rabbits away from my garden by using a plastic bag attached to stakes in the ground. The wind or breeze constantly moves the bags makes noise and the rabbits are suppose to keep away. Hope it works.
I keep remembering in grade school "April Showers brings Spring flowers", and after this unusally cold winter we are all ready for some warm weather. I love living in the Carolina's because we have four seasons, winter is a little shorter than the other season (thank goodness). Already the Bradford Pear trees are blooming, daffodolis are bursting out, dogwoods popping.Spring is my favorite time of the years. Spring makes you feel renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment